Cod Salad: Insalata di Baccala
- 1 1/2 pounds baccala (salted cod), soaked in several changes of water for 48 hours
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 1 bunch mint, leaves finely chopped to yield 1/4 cup
- 1 small fresh hot chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 head chicory, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot over high heat, and add 2 tablespoons salt. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and allow to cool.
Place the cooled cauliflower in a large bowl. Flake the baccala with a fork and add to the cauliflower, along with the parsley, mint, chile, chicory, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Toss well to coat and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.