- 8 ounces all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 ounces red pepper, finely diced
- 2 ounces green pepper, finely diced
- 2 ounces yellow pepper, finely diced
- 2 ounces red onion, finely diced
- 2 ounces cilantro, leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 pound conch meat, diced small
- Peanut oil, for frying
Heat a deep pot halfway filled with peanut oil to 350 degrees F. Using a small scoop (1 ounce) place batter in oil and fry until golden brown.
Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain excess oil. Serve with favorite sauce.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.