- 1/2 pound fish flesh (cod, bass, or similar fish)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds lobster meat, diced and cooked
- 6 Idaho potatoes
- 2 ounces butter
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- flour to dredge
- 4 ounces vegetable oil
In a food processor, puree the fish with salt, pepper, and cream to make a mousse. Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Fold lobster meat into the mousse until it is completely mixed. Grate the potatoes and rinse under cold water until the water is clear. Drain and squeeze dry. Melt the butter and drizzle over the potatoes. Mix together with lemon juice.
Divide the lobster meat into 3-ounce portions to make 8 cakes. Roll each portion into a ball. Individually roll each ball in the potatoes and press into cakes. Dredge the cakes in flour. Heat a medium saute pan until hot; add oil. When oil is hot, add 4 cakes to the pan. Lower the heat to medium and brown cakes on both sides. Drain cakes on paper towels. Serve hot with roasted vegetable salad.