Creamy Corn and Pepper Relish
- 6 cobs fresh corn, shucked or (28-ounce) can corn
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large poblano pepper (poblanos are called pasillas in California and the Southwest)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 to 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped
Heat grill to medium.
Place corn in foil, sprinkle with water, wrap and put on the grill, with the red and pablano peppers. Char the peppers, remove, peel and dice for relish. Remove the corn to a cutting board, cut off the kernels and reserve in a medium bowl.
Add oil to a large skillet and saute the garlic and onion. Saute for a minute, then add the roasted and fresh peppers, tomatoes, and corn heat for another quick minute. Add cream cheese and stir in milk very slowly until the cream cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Pour into a serving bowl, fold in cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve garnished with chives.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.