Crunchy Asian Chicken Salad
- 1/2 pound roasted, ready-to-eat chicken pieces
- 1 cup drained, sliced water chestnuts
- 4 scallions, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons no-sugar-added oil (olive or canola) and vinegar dressing
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups washed, ready-to-eat mesclun
Roasted or rotisserie chicken takes on a new dimension in the quick salad. Adding ginger and soy sauce to a bottled oil and vinegar dressing gives it an Asian flavor. A mixture of baby or very young greens is called mesclun or sometimes field greens.
Place chicken pieces, water chestnuts and scallions in a large bowl. Mix dressing, soy sauce, and ginger together and pour over the chicken. Toss well. Divide mesclun between 2 plates and spoon chicken salad on top.
Recipe courtesy Linda Gassenheimer, More Low-Carb Meals in Minutes, Bay Books, 2003
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri