- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Generous pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour the oil into a 10-inch nonstick skillet and place over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, add the salt, pepper, parsley, chives, basil and oregano to the eggs and beat well. Pour the egg mixture into the hot skillet, reduce the heat to medium and cook about 3 minutes, occasionally pulling the egg away from the sides of the pan. Add the red peppers and goat cheese, remove the skillet from the heat and slide it into top half of the oven. Cook until the center of the frittata is set, about 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes. Slide the spatula around the edges of the pan, working underneath the frittata a bit. Shake the pan to loosen the bottom and gently slide onto a serving platter. Slice into 12 wedges, garnish with basil leaves and serve.