- 2 cups hot water, for the gelatin
- 1 large (6-ounce) pack raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups cold water, for the gelatin
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, washed
- 12 ladyfingers
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 3/4 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 4 cups prepared vanilla pudding (most markets will sell pudding in the deli or dairy section)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, shaved
- Candied cherries, optional, for garnish
In a medium saucepan have 2 cups of water boiling. Place gelatin into a medium heat-proof bowl or large heat-proof measuring cup. Pour the hot water over the gelatin. Stir to make sure it dissolves. Add 2 cups of cold water to the gelatin. Place the raspberries in the bottom of a 2 quart trifle bowl. Pour the gelatin over the raspberries and place it in the refrigerator to set completely, about 4 hours.
Once the jelly is set, soak the ladyfingers in a baking dish with the sherry, coating both sides until saturated but still firm. Lay a row of ladyfingers over the top of the gelatin. Stir the coconut into the pudding and layer it over the ladyfingers. Whip the cream until stiff then carefully smear on top of the pudding. Decorate with chocolate shavings and cherries. Serve right away or keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.