- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil, or salad oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups canned dark red kidney beans, drained
Cut the fresh green beans into 1-inch pieces, then steam and let them cool. Dice the red onion. Whisk the vinegar, oil and salt and pepper together in a bowl with a tight fitting lid, then add the green beans, garbanzo beans, red kidney beans, and onion and seal with the lid. Shake gently to coat the beans and then refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled as a salad or side dish.