- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 strips (1 1/2 ounces) applewood-smoked bacon, finely chopped ( cup)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels, from 1 small ear
- 1/4 cup small-diced red bell pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
In a large skillet, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the bacon and cook until it has rendered its fat and begins to crisp, about 5 minutes.
Add the edamame, corn and bell pepper and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon white pepper. Remove from the heat and serve hot.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim
From Food Network Star: The Official Insider's Guide to America's Hottest Food Show By Ian Jackman. Copyright (c) 2011 By Food Network. By arrangement with William Morris Cookbooks/HarperCollins Publishers.