- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound chicory, or other leafy green
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
In a dry skillet, toast the nuts over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper, to taste.
In a large bowl, toss the chicory with the dressing. Put onto serving plates and top with walnuts and shaved Parmesan