Orange-Pistachio Wild Rice Salad
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 2/3 cup wild rice
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 orange, peel and pith removed, segmented and sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 10 large basil leaves, sliced into ribbons (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios, lightly toasted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
DirectionsFor the dressing:
Combine brown rice, wild rice and chicken broth in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until all water is evaporated and rice is fully cooked, about 45 to 55 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
When rice is cool, add orange slices, basil, red onion, pistachios and orange zest; mix to incorporate.For the dressing:
Pour over rice mixture and toss to incorporate.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.