- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting cookies
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Whisk together flours, pecans, cinnamon, and salt. Cream butters and sugar. Add the egg white and continue beating until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract. On low speed, gradually add flour mixture and beat until a dough forms.
Shape the dough into 3-inch balls, about 1 heaping tablespoon each. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until lightly browned on the bottom, 10 minutes.
While cookies are still hot, sift confectioners' sugar over the tops. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely .