Strawberry and Mozzarella Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, torn or cut into bite-sized pieces (3 cups lightly packed)
- 1 8 -ounce container of strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar salt and pepper. Place the lettuce in a large bowl and toss with half the dressing. Place the lettuce onto 4 salad plates.
Toss the strawberries with the remaining dressing and place 1/4 of the berries on top of each mound of lettuce. Top each with cheese and sprinkle with the basil.
Calories 150; Total Fat 12 g; (Sat Fat 3.5 g, Mono Fat 5 g, Poly Fat 1 g) ; Protein 6 g; Carb 7 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 15 mg; Sodium 320 mg
Excellent source of: Vitamin A, Vitamin C
Good source of: Protein, Vitamin K, Calcium, Manganese
Thank you! your flag was submitted.