Asian Lobster Salad with Fried Wonton Ribbons
- 5 cups canola oil
- 1 pound blanched and chopped lobster meat from claws and tails
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ponzu
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce (recommended: Sriracha)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 cups fresh assorted seaweed
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 package wonton wrappers, julienned
In a large Dutch oven, bring oil to 325 degrees F. In the meantime, in a large bowl, combine the lobster, 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil, black sesame seeds, soy sauce, ponzu, hot chili sauce, salt and pepper and fish sauce. In a medium bowl, combine seaweed, remaining sesame oil and sesame seeds and toss to coat. Place the wontons in the oil and fry until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove from oil to a paper towel lined plate and sprinkle with salt.
To assemble, divide seaweed salad onto 4 plates and top with lobster salad. Garnish with wonton crisps and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2006