Baby Lettuce Salad with Herbed Red Wine Vinaigrette and Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, chives, parsley, thyme, rosemary
- 10 ounces baby lettuces, such as tango and lollo rosso
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted black olives, such as oil-cured or kalamata
- 1/3 cup (1 to 1 1/2 ounces) thinly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
In a mixing bowl combine the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Combine the vegetable oil and olive oil in a pourable measuring cup. While continuously whisking the vinegar mixture, add the oil in a slow, steady stream until completely emulsified. Whisk in the fresh herbs.
Place the lettuces in a large salad bowl and add the olives. Add enough vinaigrette to just coat the lettuce and toss to thoroughly combine. Divide among salad plates and top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano for garnish. Drizzle with more vinaigrette, if desired.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Warm Butter Lettuce Salad With Hazelnuts, Fennel and Endive Salad with Rose Vinaigrette, Delmonico Baby Greens with Fried Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Red Onions, and Balsamic Vinaigrette, Olive, Cole Slaw Recipes, Tomato Salad Recipes, Spinach Salad Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Salad Dressing