Braune Klare Rindsuppe Mit SpeckknOeDel (Beef Consome with Bacon Dumplings)
- 1/2 pound raw bacon, finely chopped
- 4 cups stale white bread cubes, (about 8 slices white bread)
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup milk
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups rich beef or veal stock
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels. Pour off all of the oil, except for 1/4 cup. Add the bread to the hot oil and pan-fry until slightly crispy. Remove from the heat. In a mixing bowl, combine the egg and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk well. Stir in the bacon and bread. Mix well. Cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Starting with 1/4 cup of flour, stir in enough flour to form the mixture into soft, smooth dumpling dough. Bring the stock to a boil. Add the red wine and caraway seeds and simmer for 15 minutes. Form the dough into balls, about 1 tablespoon each and drop into the hot liquid. Cook for about 8 to 10 minutes. To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls. Garnish with parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.