Brioches Stuffed with Chicken Hash
- 4 brioche rolls, upper third removed and insides scooped out
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/4 cup chopped dice carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped dice celery
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 11/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thigh meat, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Brabant Potatoes, recipe follows
- Poached Eggs:
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 8 quail eggs or 4 regular eggs
- To finish:
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, garnish
- Brabant Potatoes:
- 1 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into even 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Place the brioche rolls and their tops on a baking sheet and place in the oven to warm.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the ham and cook, stirring, until lightly caramelized, about 3 minutes. Add the onions, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring often for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and cook, stirring often, until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
Add the stock and bring to a boil. Cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the cream and cook until reduced by half.
Add the butter to the hash and stir to incorporate. Add the thyme and Brabant potatoes, and toss to combine. Remove from the heat.
Have a pot of simmering water. Add vinegar. Carefully break the eggs into a small bowl. Slide the eggs, 1 at a time, into the water and poach just until the white is set and the center is still soft, about 3 minutes. Remove the poached eggs from the water with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
Remove the brioches from the oven and place 1 on each of 4 plates. Spoon the chicken hash into each brioche, sprinkle with cheese and top with poached eggs. Set the brioche tops on each at an angle, and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve.Brabant Potatoes:
Place the potato cubes in a medium, heavy saucepan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
Heat an electric fryer to 360 degrees F. Add the potatoes and, fry, turning to brown evenly, for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain
Thank you! your flag was submitted.