Broiled Peaches with Bourbon Cream and Pecans
- 2 large, firm-ripe peaches, cut in half and stones removed
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon whiskey
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted, coarsely chopped pecans
Preheat the broiler. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil. Arrange the peaches, cut sides up and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Broil until golden brown and the sugar is bubbly and starting to caramelize watching carefully to prevent burning and turning the pan as necessary, 3 to 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks start to form. Add the whiskey and powdered sugar and beat until slightly stiff.
Transfer the peaches to plates and top with a dollop of cream. Sprinkle with the nuts and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2002