Chicken and Chestnut Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken breast, deboned, skinless, and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup roasted, peeled, and coarsely chopped chestnuts
- 3 cups dense day-old wheat bread, torn into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 2 pound Guinea or Cornish game hen, cooked
In a large saute pan heat oil. Add onions, carrots, and celery, cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the chicken, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes. Place in a large bowl with the bread and chestnuts. Mix well, and moisten with the chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a serving platter along side your guinea hen.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.