Grilled Argentinian Beef with Chimichurri Sauce and Fried Potatoes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds Argentinean Beef Flank or Skirt steak
- Sea salt
- Finely ground black pepper
- 2 pound peeled white potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch by 4-inch fries, blanched
- 4 cups assorted baby greens, cleaned and patted dry
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar
In a mixing bowl, whisk the olive oil and vinegar together. Add the onions, garlic, parsley and crushed red pepper. Whisk well. Season with salt. Cover and set aside for at least 2 hours at room temperature. Preheat the grill. Preheat the fryer. Season both sides of the meat with sea salt and pepper. Place on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare. Fry the potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with some of the Chimichurri sauce. In another mixing bowl, toss the greens with some of the oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well. To serve, slice the steak into individual slices. Serve each guest the steak with some of the fries and salad. Spoon the remaining sauce over the steak. Garnish with parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.