Herb and Parmesan Focaccia
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (between 110 to 115 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 ounce (1 package) yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (you may need more to achieve the smooth elasticity)
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
In the mixer bowl with the dough hook attached, add 3 cups of flour, salt, and yeast mixture. Slowly turn it on and work the dough together. Turn it up to medium and mix for 5 minutes. If the dough is sticky, continue mixing and gradually add the remaining flour. Place this smooth ball of dough into an oiled bowl, cover, and set aside to rise for 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the dough out on a oiled sheet tray and press "dimples" into it with your fingertips. Drizzle with the oil, herbs, cheese, and seasonings. Bake until browned and cooked through and let cool.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse