Herb and Parmesan Focaccia
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (between 110 to 115 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 ounce (1 package) yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (you may need more to achieve the smooth elasticity)
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
In the mixer bowl with the dough hook attached, add 3 cups of flour, salt, and yeast mixture. Slowly turn it on and work the dough together. Turn it up to medium and mix for 5 minutes. If the dough is sticky, continue mixing and gradually add the remaining flour. Place this smooth ball of dough into an oiled bowl, cover, and set aside to rise for 3 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the dough out on a oiled sheet tray and press "dimples" into it with your fingertips. Drizzle with the oil, herbs, cheese, and seasonings. Bake until browned and cooked through and let cool.