I Love Gaaahlic Bread
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread, about 22-inches in length
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon Essence, recipe follows
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Split the French bread in half lengthwise. Lay the bread, crust side down, on the lined baking sheet.
Place the butter in a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, and stir together with a rubber spatula. Spread the butter mixture evenly onto the bread.
Bake until golden brown and bubbly, 15 to 18 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Carefully slice diagonally and serve immediately.Essence (Emeril's Creole Seasoning):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
Yield: about 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001