Lemon Thyme Chicken with Rosemary New Potatoes
- 1 whole (3-pound) chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 8 new potatoes, quartered and blanched
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Essence, recipe follows
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Preheat the grill.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, fresh thyme, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Rub the entire chicken with the lemon and thyme rub. Place the chicken on the grill and grill for 10 to 15 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
In a mixing bowl, toss the potatoes with the remaining olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the potatoes are golden.
Place the potatoes on the platter. Lay the chicken against the potatoes. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and Essence.Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast):
Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
Yield: 2/3 cup
Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch, published by William and Morrow, 1993.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.