Middle-Eastern Style Cucumber, Onion, and Tomato Salad
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 sweet yellow onion or 8 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeds removed, and cut into small dice
- 2 to 3 ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 6 to 12 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the lettuce, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, mint and dill in a salad bowl and toss to thoroughly combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil, to taste. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper and drizzle over the salad. Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.