- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large non-reactive bowl, combine the cabbage, peppers, and onions.
In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, honey, celery seed, mustard seed, and red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over the vegetables and stir to combine. Season with the salt and black pepper.
Let cool, then cover and refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least 12 hours and up to 2 days.
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2002
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen