Pressed Ham Sandwich with Pimiento Cheese Spread
- 2 cups grated Cheddar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pimientos
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 individual sandwich-sized baguettes, or 4 (6-inch) lengths of French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 pound sliced smoked ham, such as Black Forest
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
Combine the cheese, mayonnaise, pimento, relish, pepper and salt in a medium bowl and stir until combined. Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides of both the top and bottom bread halves of each sandwich. Divide the ham and onions evenly between the 4 sandwiches, sandwiching between cheese-slathered bread. Wrap sandwiches individually in foil and place on a plate or baking sheet. Apply weight from the top using a skillet or other heavy object and refrigerate (in this pressed fashion) for at least a few hours, preferably overnight.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.