Quinoa Salad with Red Onions, Oranges, and Green Olives
- 3 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted and crushed
- 1 cup fresh orange juice, reduced by 1/2
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted green Cerignola olives, sliced lengthwise
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 navel oranges, supremed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
In a medium sauce pan, combine 3 cups of water, the quinoa and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the quinoa for 14 to 16 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy and tender. When the quinoa is cooked, remove it from the pot and cool slightly on a lined baking sheet. Assemble the vinaigrette by combining the toasted cumin seeds, reduced orange juice, and orange zest. Whisk in the olive oil to form an emulsion. In a bowl, combine the quinoa, olives, onions, oranges and raisins and toss with the vinaigrette. Garnish with parsley.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.