- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- Cayenne pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 4 cups clam juice
- 3 cups tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 pounds raw assorted cleaned shellfish, (medium shrimp, shucked oysters, crabmeat, diced lobster meat, whole mussels and clams, etc)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large saucepan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, stir in the onions, celery, and carrots. Season the vegetables with salt, cayenne, and bay leaves. Saute for 6 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and tender. Stir in the clam juice and tomatoes and bring up to a boil. Add the potatoes and corn. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender. Season the seafood with salt and cayenne. Add the seafood and simmer the soup for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and ladle the soup into serving bowls.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.