- 1 large butternut or acorn squash (about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice or medium-grain rice
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
Place squash on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Roast until tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
Bring stock to simmer in heavy large saucepan. Reduce heat to very low. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in another heavy large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes. Add rice; stir 1 minute. Add wine and simmer until absorbed, about 2 minutes. Add roasted squash. Add 1/2 cup hot stock; simmer until absorbed, stirring frequently. Add remaining stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing stock to be absorbed before adding more and stirring frequently, until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, about 25 minutes longer.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Butternut Squash and Pancetta Risotto with Spiced Butter, Saffron Risotto with Butternut Squash, Barley Risotto with Roasted Winter Vegetables, Squash, Butternut Squash Risotto Recipes, Spaghetti Squash Recipes, Squash Casserole Recipes, Mushroom Risotto Recipes, Acorn Squash Recipes