Vegetable Paupette with Grilled Vegetable Vinaigrette
- 2 whole new potatoes, halved and quartered, blanched
- 2 (1-inch slices) beefsteak tomato, grilled
- 1 large slice red onion ring, grilled
- 1 yellow pepper, roasted, seeded, and julienned
- 1/2 endive spear, grilled
- 1 medium portobello mushroom, grilled and cut into 1/4
- 1 tablespoon chiffonade basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped black olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (11 by 14 inch) piece parchment paper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup assorted grilled vegetables, cut into a brunoise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 grilled green onions, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
For the paupette: Toss all the vegetables with the basil, black olives, olive oil and salt and pepper. Layer the mixture in the center on one half side of the parchment. Add the 1-tablespoon of water for steaming purposes. Fold the other half of parchment over the vegetables resembling a book. With the crease side toward you, start crimping and folding towards your body. The finish product will resemble a calzone. Make sure that the parchment is nice and tight, so that none of the liquid will escape. Roast for 8 to 10 minutes. For vinaigrette: In a mixing bowl, slowly whisk the balsamic vinegar into the olive oil. Add the brunoise of vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Remove the paupette from the oven and place on a plate. Make a cut through the top center, exposing the roasted vegetables. Spoon the vinaigrette over the vegetables and garnish with 2 grilled green onions.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Paneed Pork Loin and Mashed Root Vegetables with a Roasted Cipollini and Field Pea Relish, Grilled Portobellos and Summer Vegetables, Prosciutto and Pickled Vegetables With Cheese, Turkey Breast Recipes, Corn, Grilled Steak Recipes, Asparagus, Broccoli, Chicken Breast Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.