Farfalle with Pignole, Prosciutto, and Spinach
- 3/4 cup pignole nuts ( pine nuts)
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch baby spinach, fresh and washed
- 1 pound farfalle pasta (bowties)
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, sliced into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Locatelli Romano cheese, as needed
Toast pignole nuts in small frying pan. Add raisins to boiling water until plump, and drain. In large frying pan, heat oil and saute garlic. Add spinach and stir, cooking until wilted.
Cook farfalle according to package directions. When done, drain and place farfalle in a large bowl with nuts, raisins, spinach mixture, prosciutto, salt and pepper, and grated cheese. You won't believe how good this is. My husband was reluctant to try it because of the raisins, but he changed his mind as soon as he tasted it.
Recipe courtesy Vita Greco, Next Door to the Chicken Market, 2002
Recipe courtesy of Alex Guarnaschelli
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse