- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Chinese mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Ahi tuna loin, cut in 4 strips
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 bunch mizuna greens
- 1 bunch arugula greens
- 3 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 3 cups torn green leaf lettuce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fried rice noodles
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 navel orange, peeled and sectioned
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, lime, ginger, mustard and cilantro. Pour in the oil and continue to whisk until emulsified.
Season the tuna fillets with salt and pepper; lightly coat with oil. Put sesame seeds on a plate. Coat top and bottom of each fillet with seeds. Heat a large, dry skillet over high heat. Add fillets; cook about 3 minutes. Turn; cook until desired doneness, about 3 to 4 minutes for rare. Slice the tuna into 1-inch thick strips.
Mix the greens together and spread out on a platter. Add the green onions, rice noodles almonds, and orange segments. Lay the tuna strips on top then drizzle with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.