- 8 ounces "chewy chocolate cookies"
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 7 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, divided, plus 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped semi-firm
- 1 heaping tablespoon instant espresso
- 5 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Pakistani rose petals
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (both sweet and semisweet equally)
Whipped topping and Garnish:
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Sliced almonds
- Rose petals
Mocha filling preparation:
Beat mascarpone cheese and sugar together with mixer. In microwave heat half the heavy cream. Mix in espresso until dissolved. Add the espresso mixture and rest of heavy cream to cheese mixture. Melt baking chocolate in microwave. Stir into cheese/espresso mixture with spatula until just incorporated. Fold in whipped heavy cream. Pour into frozen/cold pie shell. Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
Stir until melted and glossy. Set aside to cool. When pie is frozen enough pour ganache evenly over top and smooth with spoon. Refrigerate until ready to garnish.
Whipped topping and garnish:
Beat cream, sugar, almond extract until semi-stiff peaks. Top pie with whipped topping (piped) and garnish with sliced almonds and rose petals.