Bell Pepper Slaw
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 bell peppers (red, orange and yellow), cut into thin strips
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced and roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
Whisk the sugar and 2 teaspoons salt with the vinegar in a large bowl until dissolved. Add the celery seeds, mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the bell peppers, celery, scallions and cabbage, and toss to combine. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
Add the mustard and mayonnaise to the slaw and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Photograph by Con Poulos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.