- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 10 min
- 15 min
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef sirloin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 soft hamburger buns, split, and toasted
- 4 slices cheese, such as Cheddar, American, or Swiss, or crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Lettuce leaves, sliced tomato, mustard, ketchup and mayonnaise, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Break meat into small pieces, spread in an even layer on a large plate and season generously with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Divide meat into 4 even portions gently shape into balls and lightly press to form1-inch thick patties.
3. Preheat a large ovenproof skillet large over medium-low heat for about 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add oil. Place patties in skillet and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Flip patties over and transfer skillet to oven. Cook to desired doneness: 7 to 8 minutes for medium-rare, 9 to 11 minutes for medium, or 13 to 15 minutes for well-done. Lay a slice of cheese on top of burgers during last few minutes to melt, if desired.) Transfer hamburgers to a plate and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes before serving. Assemble hamburgers with condiments and toppings. Serve.
Total Fat: 30 grams
Saturated Fat: 11 grams
Total Carbohydrate: 24 grams
Protein: 45 grams
Sodium: 720 milligrams
Cholesterol: 125 milligrams
Fiber: 2 gram
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay