Chicken and Tater Tot Casserole
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens
From Food Network Kitchens
Pulsing potato tots in a food processor keeps their crispy texture and turns them into a crunchy topping in this Chopped Dinner Challenge[ recipe for pot pie. Chopped Basket Ingredient: Tater Tots* *tater tot is a registered trademark of Ore-Ida]
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups frozen tater tots, thawed
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large heavy pot over medium-high heat until hot. Add the carrots, celery and onions and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are golden, about 12 minutes. Stir in the flour, and then whisk in the broth and milk and bring to a boil, whisking. Boil until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken. Transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
Pulse the tots in a food processor with the thyme until medium ground. Scatter over the top of the casserole and bake until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.