Creamy Coleslaw With Grapes and Walnuts
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 small or 1/2 large head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop.
Make the dressing: Whisk the vinegar, mustard, sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until well blended, then whisk in the sour cream.
Add the cabbage, cilantro, dill, tarragon, scallions, grapes and toasted walnuts to the bowl; toss to coat with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours before serving.
Photograph by Yunhee Kim
Recipe courtesy Food Network Magazine