- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Greek
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce (about 1 pound), trimmed of tough stems and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces calamata olives, about 1 cup
- 1/2 pound Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, trimmed, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 12 ounces vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges, soaked in cold water for 5 minutes and drained
- 1 green pepper, trimmed, seeded, and diced
- Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, salt, and oil. Stir in the oregano and pepper to taste. Set aside.
When ready to serve: In a large bowl lightly toss the lettuce with some of the dressing. Divide the lettuce among 4 salad bowls. Scatter the olives, cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and peppers over the top of the greens. Serve and pass the remaining dressing at the table.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.