Grilled Peasant Bread with Olive Butter
- For Olive Butter:
- 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons black olive spread, such as Tapenade
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves (about 6)
- l loaf crusty country-style bread
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large clove garlic
Make butter: In a bowl combine all ingredients.
Cut bread into 1/2 to 1-inch thick slices. Brush both sides of bread with oil, season with salt and pepper and transfer to a heated grill. Grill each side of the bread for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted and grill marked. Rub bread with the garlic clove. While bread is still hot spread with some of the butter. Transfer to a serving dish.
Copyright 2005 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchens