Healthy Curried Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 3/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Place the cut-side down in a microwave-safe baking dish (the halves can overlap one another a bit) and add 1 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until very tender and a knife easily pierces the skin of the squash, 15 to 18 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Carefully uncover and let stand until cool enough to handle but still warm.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet. Add the ginger and garam masala until fragrant. Stir in the lemon juice and honey. Season with the salt. The sauce should be sweet and sour.
Scrape the flesh of the squash into a bowl, using a fork, to make long noodle-like strands. Toss with the sauce and cilantro. Season with additional salt.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchens