Orzo Salad With Shrimp and Feta
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces orzo pasta (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed), coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Grated zest of 2 lemons, plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons halved kalamata olives
Preheat the broiler. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (about 2 minutes less than the label directs). Drain and rinse under cool water; shake off the excess. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside while you make the shrimp, stirring occasionally to prevent clumping.
Toss the shrimp on a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the garlic, and salt and pepper to taste; arrange in a single layer. Broil the shrimp, turning once, until opaque and just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the shrimp, lemon zest and juice, scallions, mint, dill, cucumber, feta, olives and the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil to the bowl with the pasta; toss. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to 6 hours. (Bring to room temperature before serving.)
Photograph by Yunhee Kim
Thank you! your flag was submitted.