Shrimp With Charred Lemon and Zucchini
- 16 jumbo shrimp, unpeeled, legs removed (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- Sea or kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 2 1/2-by-1/2-inch sticks
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Toasted sourdough bread, for serving
Preheat the broiler. Use a sharp knife to make a slit through the shell along the back of each shrimp. Remove the vein, leaving the shell intact. Rinse and pat dry, then transfer to a large bowl.
Whisk 1/4 cup olive oil, the ginger, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste in a bowl. Add half of the dressing to the bowl with the shrimp and toss. Add the lemon and zucchini to the remaining dressing and toss, then spread on a large foil-lined baking sheet. Broil until the lemon and zucchini begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the shrimp and broil until the shells are pink, about 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp, lemon and zucchini and broil 3 to 4 more minutes.
Photographs by Con Poulos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Coconut Shrimp with Red Curry Sauce, Coconut Shrimp with Curried Tomato, Lime and Roasted Garlic Coulis, Prosciutto Wrapped Chile Shrimp with Green Onions, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Easy Shrimp, Easy Casserole, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.