Skirt Steak With Roasted Root Vegetables
- 1 sprig rosemary plus 1/2 teaspoon chopped leaves
- 5 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 5 medium parsnips, halved lengthwise
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Pick the leaves off the rosemary sprig and toss them with the carrots, parsnips, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a shallow baking dish. Roast, stirring once, until the vegetables are tender and golden brown, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix the garlic, chopped rosemary, the remaining 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub all over the steaks.
When the vegetables are halfway done (after about 12 minutes), heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Working in batches if necessary, sear the steaks, 2 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with the roasted vegetables and drizzle with the pan juices.
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Thank you! your flag was submitted.