Spinach, Pear and Chicken Salad
- 1 large skinless, boneless chicken breast (about 12 ounces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 8 cups baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 4 endives, cut lengthwise into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
Slice the chicken breast in half horizontally to make 2 thin cutlets; season with salt and pepper. Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until lightly golden and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate to cool, then thinly slice.
Meanwhile, combine the cranberries, vinegar and 1 tablespoon water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 45 seconds to plump the cranberries. Let cool.
Whisk the cranberry-vinegar mixture, lemon juice, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a slow stream until blended. Add the chicken, spinach, endives, almonds, pear, about half of the cheese, and salt and pepper to taste; toss to combine. Divide among bowls and top with the remaining cheese.
Per serving: Calories 404; Fat 22 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 65 mg; Sodium 461 mg; Carbohydrate 26 g; Fiber 8 g; Protein 28 g
Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
More Recipes and Ideas:
Warm Chopped Chicken Picatta Spinach Salad, Saffron Chicken, Boiled Lemon and Green Bean Salad, Kicked Up BLT Chicken Salads with Blue Cheese, Potato Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Jerk Chicken Recipes, Fruit Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.