Cook's note: It is important to prepare this dish at least three hours before serving to ensure the full flavors are achieved.
- 6 Key limes, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 pound fresh diver-harvested sea scallops or any other fresh scallop of high quality
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 minced, seeded jalapeno
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups corn tortilla chips
Combine lime zest, juice, pineapple, olive oil, spices, and honey. Set mixture aside. Clean and wash the scallops, then cut each 1 in 1/2 lengthwise. Add scallops to lime juice mixture, stir well and set aside in cooler. Add the vegetables and cilantro to the scallop mixture. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.