- 1 ear corn, shucked 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 10 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 eggs 2 cups panko crumbs Salt
- 10 ounces baby greens 1/2 lemon, juiced
Freshly ground black pepper Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush corn with 1 tablespoon olive oil and grill, turning often, until charred and tender, about 4 minutes. Set aside. In a medium bowl combine goat cheese, zest and parsley. Roll into 16 (1-inch) sized balls and put on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
In a large heavy-bottomed pot, add enough oil to reach 1/3 of the way up the sides. Heat oil to 360 degrees F. Whisk eggs in a small bowl and place panko crumbs on a plate. Dip cheese balls in the egg wash, then roll in the panko crumbs. In batches, carefully transfer balls into the hot oil and fry until golden, about 1 minute. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate and season with salt immediately. Slice corn from cob and add to a serving bowl along with the baby greens. Dress with lemon juice, oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to coat and serve, topped with warm cheese balls.