- 2 1/2 pounds vine-ripened or canned tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Ice water or tomato juice for thinning soup
- Croutons and finely diced tomato, green bell pepper, and cucumber, for garnish
In a blender puree chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, and cucumber, garlic paste, vinegar, oil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Chill soup well, preferably overnight.
Thin soup with ice water or tomato juice and serve topped with croutons and finely diced vegetables. Correct seasoning.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.