Chicken Sausage Skewers
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (5 to 6 links) chicken sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces to yield 24 pieces
- 4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into twenty-four 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 large lemon, cut into three 1/2-inch-thick slices and each slice cut into quarters
- 2 fennel bulbs, ends trimmed, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into sixteen 1-inch-square pieces
- Vegetable oil, for oiling the grill
- Special equipment: Eight 10-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent scorching, or 8 metal skewers.
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
For the skewers: Alternating the vegetables and meat, thread 3 pieces each of sausage, zucchini and lemon, and 2 pieces each of fennel and bell pepper onto each skewer. Pour or brush the marinade over the skewers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until ready to grill.
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Oil the grill with vegetable oil. Grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until the sausage is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Arrange on a platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis