Chicken Sausage Skewers
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound (5 to 6 links) chicken sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces to yield 24 pieces
- 4 medium zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into twenty-four 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 large lemon, cut into three 1/2-inch-thick slices and each slice cut into quarters
- 2 fennel bulbs, ends trimmed, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into sixteen 1-inch-square pieces
- Vegetable oil, for oiling the grill
- Special equipment: Eight 10-inch bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent scorching, or 8 metal skewers.
For the skewers: Alternating the vegetables and meat, thread 3 pieces each of sausage, zucchini and lemon, and 2 pieces each of fennel and bell pepper onto each skewer. Pour or brush the marinade over the skewers. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour until ready to grill.
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Oil the grill with vegetable oil. Grill the skewers, turning occasionally, until the sausage is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
Arrange on a platter and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Spicy Sausage, Chicken and Bean Pot, Chicken, Sausage, and White Bean Stew, Chicken and Sausage Sandwiches with Sauteed Bell Peppers and German Potato Salad, Barbecuing, Antipasti Recipes, Artichoke Appetizer Recipes, Vegetable Recipes, Grilled Steak Recipes, Vegetable Soup Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.