Italian Mixed Salad
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 head butter lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces Provolone, cubed
- 3/4 cup rinsed canned red kidney beans, patted dry
- 3/4 cup rinsed canned garbanzo beans, patted dry
- Red Wine Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until brown and cooked through, breaking the sausage into bite-size pieces, about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate. Cool to room temperature.
Chop and combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and cooked sausage in a large bowl. Add beans and enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mixed Green Salad with Diced Avocado, Peaches, Crispy Bacon, Feta Cheese and Champagne Vinaigrette, New Orleans-Style Italian Salad, Italian Greens and Herb Salad, Parmesan Cheese, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes, Appetizer Recipes , Crab Salad Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.