Moscow Mule Cocktail
- 1 1/2 cups Mint-Flavored Vodka, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 cups Ginger Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs, lemon slices, lime slices
- Mint-Flavored Vodka:
- 2 large bunches fresh mint
- One 750-milliliter bottle vodka
- Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- One 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
For each cocktail, fill a cocktail shaker with 1/4 cup of ice. Add 1/4 cup Mint-Flavored Vodka, 1/4 cup Ginger Syrup and 1/3 cup sparkling water. Shake and pour into a tall glass or flute. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs, lemon slices and lime slices just before serving.Mint-Flavored Vodka:
Place the mint in a 2-quart pitcher. Pour the vodka over the mint and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the mixture to stand for at least 3 days at room temperature.Ginger Simple Syrup:
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, 1 cup water and the ginger over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes. Strain before using.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis